Thursday, December 26, 2013

A cool Yule ...

Christmas gift #1:  A Red Squirrel visited my feeders.   This is a BIG DEAL as I have not had one visit my feeders since I moved here over four years ago.  

Sorry it's such a lousy shot -- but this is the only pic I got.

Christmas gift #2:  Watching the cats watching the birds.




Christmas gift #3:  A walk at Hartlen.





Christmas gift #4:  Christmas lunch and a game of Monopoloy with my daughter and her friend, Des, phone calls from family and friends ...


and wonderful Christmas cake that arrived just in time for the big day,


complete with marzipan icing !

And of course I watched that new episode of "Doctor Who".


Happy New Year one and all.

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have a red squirrel for a Christmas present - I love them! And I love the pictures of the snow by the sea - so very comforting and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, back in Ontario we had tons of grey and black squirrels and I must admit I like them better. The red ones are so aggressive and "cocky". They would chase blacks, greys and the Chipmunks away. All of them were scared of 'em, even though the blacks and greys are three times the size of the lil' reds. That said, I hope he becomes a "regular".

      Delete
  2. Great looking Christamas photos of outside and inside the house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely day. Happy New Year to you and your furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marzipan icing? Oh yum! Love the cats n birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pathetic how much I love MARZIPAN. I lop pieces off chunks of it and just savour 'em.

      I love the overhead shot of Clara balanced on the narrow piece over the kitchen window.

      Delete
  5. Man, you had some nice Christmas gifts. I love the pic of the upside-down cat. Precious. Pushing the *like* button. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.